Standard Practise for Transaction Screen Process
Intended for use on a voluntary basis by parties who wish to assess the
environmental condition of commercial real estate.
A Transaction Screen Process typically takes 10 business days to complete and
consists of four basic elements:
In-depth interview with property owner and occupants, and completion of ASTM
E1528 Transaction Screen Questionnaire.
2. Historical and Regulatory Review
A review of Federal and State regulatory records:
- National Priorities List and the State equivalent list,
- CERCLIS and the State equivalent list,
- RCRA CORRACTS,
- RCRA non-CORRACTS TSD facilities list,
- Leaking Underground Storage Tank list,
- Solid Waste/Landfill facilities, and
- fire insurance maps.
3. Site Reconnaissance
Physical and visual examination of the property, including any structures, as
well as a cursory survey for abutting and/or adjacent properties within
½-mile of the site.
4. Findings Report
A written report is prepared to document the findings and present any
evidence of recognized environmental conditions at the site.